Friday, December 4, 2009

3 Months Old!


Mason Jack turned 3 months old yesterday, so I set him up in his onesie and took a few snapshots.
His stats at the doctor's office at 3 months were...
Weight: 16.6 lbs
Length: 24 inches
He is getting so big! And here are a few of the things Mason has accomplished.
-sucking on his hands
-laughing like a little old man
-squeeling like a girl
-snorting when he laughs
-picking up whatever is next to him, blanket especially, and shoving it straight into his mouth
-can sit up (if propped of course) for awhile
-mastered holding his head up
He is getting to the point that he wants to roll over, but he just gets mad more than anything.
My little boy is growing up, and I love it. He just gets cuter everyday, and I can't help but want to squeeze the crap out of him.

And in honor of the three month mark, let's reflect back on three months ago.
1. Were you married at the time? Yes.

2. What was your reaction when you found out you were pregnant? "Holy crap, we just got married three months ago!"

3. How old were you? 23

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I had a feeling the night before I tested. It was New Years Eve, I had half a beer, and it made me sick. I started putting two and two together, and woke up the next morning, booked it to CVS, came home, and three minutes later. BAM.

5. Who did you tell first? My sister in law. She told me first with her second (after he husband), and she got lucky, because she was the only person who answered the phone. Mr. H was a close last to finding out. I was struggling on how to tell him, and knew that calling him at work probably wasn't the best method.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Oh of course! I couldn't wait to find out, and was so impatient that we had an ultrasound earlier to find out!

7. Due date? September 6, 2009.

8. Did you deliver early or late? 3 days early. He was born on September 3 at 7:47.

9. Did you have morning sickness? Not at all! There was the toothpaste incident. Could've been the toothbrush though...

10. What did you crave? Skittles, sweet tea, salads, milkshakes, and the big one...ice.

11. What irritated you the most? Being told "Oh my god, you are HUGE. When are you due?" When my due date was about 3 months away.

12. What was your first child’s sex? Boy

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 52 pounds! And I've lost it all. But still need to lose more weight just for the heck of it.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? No not really. We thought I may have had gestional diabetes (due to him measuring wayyy ahead), but turns out I didn't.

15. Where did you give birth? Floyd Hospital

16. How many hours were you in labor? About 22 and a half hours. Labor began around 9pm on the 2nd, and I had him the next evening.
17. Who drove you to the hospital? My madre and Stephanopolis
18 . Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Epidural, pain meds...you name it, I took it.

19 . How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs 13oz.

20 . What did you name him/her? Mason Jack

21 . How old is your first born today? 3 months and 1 day.

22. Who does your child look like? He looks like his daddy, but also like my baby pictures. Daddy's eyes, mommy's lips.

23. Did you get mad at your husband during labor? I slept the majority of my labor, and wasn't really in pain until the last hour or two. So no, I don't really remember him being there that much, let alone get mad at him.

No comments: