Friday, November 20, 2009

Permanent Solution, Temporary Problem

So I'm sure everyone has heard about the shootings in Rome. If not, you've been hiding under a rock.
Tim Spriggs, a former classmate of the Mr., shot and killed his ex-girlfriend's father. The father in this case, is Greg Davis, who I have known for about 9 years. Greg was Marla's brother, who has been a friend of the family for a long time, and who was also my co-worker at State Farm.
I can't imagine what Marla and her family is going through. I've been thinking of them a lot, and they are dealing with the loss of a life that should not have been taken.
It's strange to know both involved, the murderer and the victim.
I hope that Marla and her family will eventually be able to find peace again. Greg will be missed by many.
And Tim, well, his punishment is coming. But no punishment, no matter how horrible it may be, will bring back a man who deserved to live a long and wonderful life with his family.

No comments: