Friday, November 6, 2009

Time Flies When You Are Crazy

So Mason turned 9 weeks old yesterday. I can't believe it! The little guy is becoming a bigger little guy. He smiles and giggles all the time now. I love it.
He is liking his swing and his play mat a lot, but gets bored with them after about a half an hour. He also likes to sit in my lap and watch tv.
We had a great Halloween! My little baby deer (in 18 years he can thank Daddy for that one) was adorable, and we spent the evening over at his Mimi's and Pop's house. We had a lot of fun dressing him up, even though he hated it, and taking lots of pictures.
So our financial situation hasn't gotten any better. Why would it though? It's so hard once to get caught up once you get behind. I sat down today and figured out how much debt we are in, and the numbers literally brought me to tears. I thought about consolidating, but when you have little to no credit as I do, and loads of student loans past due, no one really wants to lend you the amount of money you are needing to cover all debt. So that's out the window. Mr. H and I have always been able to manage when we are down on our luck, so I hope that through the power of positive thinking, we'll be able to pull through this one too.
It's starting to make me feel like I am failing as a Mom. I can give Mason some of what he needs, but not as much as I'd like. It's a struggle just to make sure our power and water don't get turned off right now.
Needless to say, I feel like I'm losing my mind. I sit at home with Mason all day going stir crazy as it is, and to have this looming debt over my head to constantly think about doesn't make it any better. At least I can look at his sweet little smiles and it erases all my worries for awhile.
So Mason, put on a perma-grin. Mommy needs it.

No comments: