Monday, March 2, 2009

2nd Tri, Try To Be Nice

It's official! I've made it through my entire first trimester. And to my surprise, I actually was able to go the entire 13 weeks without any morning sickness! I did have one mishap involving a toothbrush and the newly acquired disgust I had towards toothpaste. But hey, all of us pregnant ladies have at least our one moment.

Let's just do a recap of my "pregnancy symptoms and or cravings".
Things that I love (and didn't really need that much pre-pregnancy)
1). Apples
2). Oranges (So far so good!)
3). It's such a stereotype, but it's so true. There is just something about pickles that a pregnant woman will kill for.
4). Chocolate. I'm normally a fruity Starburst/Skittles type person when it comes to my candy preference. Not lately. Can I have a tub of chocolate and pickles please?
5). Sweet tea. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! I've been an avid Diet Coke drinker for years! I stopped drinking Sweet Tea maybe ten years ago, and have had one glass of it maybe one every two-three years. I made some the other night, and I got hooked.
Pretty much, you name it, I'll eat it.

And just a few things that just don't sit well with Baby H.
1). Anything sour. This is happening recently. The thought/taste of anything sour just makes my stomach sour.
2). Apparently, the chicken fried rice I ate earlier, because now I have heartburn like a mofo.
3). Any fast food/greasy food. That's probably the one thing that will make me nauseated. I enjoy eating it, but I know it'll make me feel like roadkill when it's all said and done.

I'm lucky to have no morning sickness as of yet. I hope that the second trimester will be just as good to me as the first! Coming soon....a week by week photo op of how big (like it isn't already) my belly is going to get! I know, exciting right?

I think I'll take a week to week photo of Mr. H's belly to chart its sympathy growth along with mine.

No comments: