Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You mean to tell me that I am pregnant?

This morning progressed no differently than any other. Well, with the exception that I did have time to stop by Starbucks and grab a cup of joe this morning on the way to work. Why is that so different? Because I haven't had a cup of coffee in over 4 months. Any coffee addicted person knows that 4 months without the warm good stuff is enough to make you jump into traffic instead of going into work. Now that I've enjoyed that cup, I'm trying to figure out a way to start an IV in my arm that delivers coffee straight into my veins. The quicker the better.
Other than bedding (vote on your favorite in last post), I haven't had the chance to really look at any other baby related items. So this morning, I start perusing around at different places, and stumbled across this shirt.

And then it hit me like a sack of bricks. "Holy Crap. I'm having a kid. Not just a baby, but like a real, living, breathing child." You think this would have hit me, well, about 17 weeks ago when I saw that extra line on the pee stick. Being pregnant without any symptoms is the equivalent of not feeling pregnant at all. So it takes other things, like a Mac Truck with a giant sign on it that says "You are pregnant!" to hit you and make you realize that you are carrying a miniature version of you and your hubby in your belly.
It's a tad bit shocking when this happens. It's probably the first real time that it's hit me like that. Like a big SHOCKWAVE. I am pretty sure I'll continue to feel not-so-pregnant for the next couple of weeks, but once the kicking and beating of my bladder starts, there will be no denying it at that point.
Could've been the coffee. Who knows. Maybe that's why they tell pregnant ladies to stay away from an abundance of caffeine. If one can make you go mental, a few a day are sure to make you and your growing bean grow a few extra heads.

No comments: