Thursday, May 7, 2009

23 Weeks

Apparently nothing extremely exciting happens at 23 weeks, at least not enough for me to do an entire copy and paste here. So I'm putting it into my own words of what is going on, and how I am feeling. Finally right?

Baby is a little over a pound this week and measuring somewhere around 11 inches. He can hear sounds from the outside world a lot more clearly now, so the sound of a dog barking, car horn, or telephone ringing could prompt the little guy to go into a somersault kicking frenzy. If Aunt Crazy decides to start yelling at your stomach this week, either 1). Politely tell her that your child would like to come out with some form of hearing or 2). Punch her in the face. Let your pregnancy hormones decide.

This is the week that you will start getting comments on your growing size. I've noticed this, but haven't really experienced the second half of it. In response to the "When are you due?" question, you could receive an array of responses ranging from "Oh wow! Are you carrying twins in there?", to "I can't imagine how huge you are going to be when you are already gigantic now!", to "23 weeks? Seriously? I don't see anything. Are you sure you're pregnant?". If any of these responses are those that you receive, just go ahead and punch the person straight in the throat/face/stomach/arm/chest. You choose. If you don't want to resort to this form of physical violence, take whatever drink you are sipping on and give it a good toss right in their eyeballs. It's a sure fire way to make them shut it.

Sleep. Sleep is something I discuss a lot, considering the type of sleep changes on a nightly basis. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. But a warning to those around the pregnant lady. If the hormones start to flare up around the 23 week mark, it's mostly due to lack of sleep. Imagine if you will, man or woman, a belly that grows in gargantuan size in a course of months. Now of course this would cause back pain, rib pain, side pains, and last but not least, belly pain. But to add to that discomfort you have a crazy racing mind that won't allow you to sleep, leg pains, heartburn, acid reflux, anxiety, itching belly syndrome, and I am sure you get my point. Anyone who experiences one night of this madness would wake up in a cranky mood. So relate people. Get the pregnant lady her allotted cup of joe in morning, or a freaking antacid tablet for God's sake.

So there you have it. My take on pregnancy at 23 weeks.

Oh, and I got a kick out of this cartoon and thought it was appropriate after my last post of talking about how much I'm looking forward to tomorrow's shopping spree.

No comments: