Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunshine

I woke up this morning to a beautiful day in Rome. Who would have thought? After a week of 80-90 degree weather and non-stop sunshine at the beach, we came home to rain and cold. But today it's actually sunny!
I also woke up this morning to Mason hiccuping. Very cute indeed, but what an annoyance.
Nothing beats waking up to the sound of the ocean, the warm sand, and the sunrise on the beach. Nada.
I dreaded coming home, since I have no job to return to. Sounds crazy right? Well, the one thing I was looking forward to about our vacation was a week of spending time with my friends, family, and husband, and not being bored out of my mind. Now I go back to sheer boredom. I've got to pick up a hobby. I think I may actually have some of our vacation pictures printed out, as well as some of our wedding pictures, so that I can scrapbook.
I'm a scrapbooking fanatic. I've always loved to do it, but with work/school/life in the past, I just haven't had the time to do it. So maybe today I'll pick that up again. I know for a fact that if I don't scrapbook the wedding at least before Mason arrives, I may be doing it for our 10 year anniversary.
And for all of those negative Nelly's who say that being pregnant is a horrific experience during the summer months, I say "Hardy har har". It's not. Summer in Rome is generaly a miserable experience once we get into the harsh and extremely hot months, like August. But isn't it for everyone? Yep. And it normally is for me, because I am a hot natured person.
So, just for those people's sake, I would like to inform you that 1). I am not miserable. 2). Yes, my feet are swollen up like two baby pigs, but I deal. And this would happen regardless of me being pregnant in the summer or winter. 3). I love summer time. It's my favorite time of year. I love being outdoors, and I hope Mason does too. His mommy and daddy are outdoor people. So he's going to have to get used to the heat along with everyone else. Pregnancy won't get in the way of me enjoying my favorite time of year. Barbeques, sunshine, pools, fishing, laying out in the sun, and all. Sorry to disappoint all you parents or nonparents who think it's going to be a miserable journey for me.
Pregnancy is wonderful. The sunshine will make it even better.

No comments: