Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Third Trimester - Try to Keep Me Sane

Today is the first official day of my third trimester! I am in the home stretch! Pretty intimidating of course, but there is a light at the end of this journey. (Notice I avoided "tunnel", for good reason.) A lot will come with the third trimester. A baby shower, many more added doctor's appointments, and Mason! It is definitely an exciting time for me. Each week that passes is one week less that I am pregnant and one week stronger and healthier that Mason is getting.
At 27 weeks Mason is around 14 inches long and 2 pounds. Now that is if he is measuring at 27 weeks. If he is still measuring 4 weeks ahead, well there is just no telling how colossal he is.
I promise to post a baby bump picture later on today. I'm still in my pj's and have the scary morning hair going on, and I can promise that no one would like to see that.

How far along? One day shy of 27 weeks!
Weight Gain? Last time I checked, 22 pounds.
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: With three pillows and if I'm lucky not to have leg cramps.
Best moment this week: Laying out yesterday. Very enjoyable and relaxing. Floating around the pool definitely takes some of the strain of my belly.
Movement: Every morning bright and early, and every evening after dinner until about 1 am.
Food cravings: Sweets still. And I've been craving a Sonic slush like crazy but have yet to satisfy that craving.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: A few Braxton Hicks here and there, but not "real" labor signs. Hope not to have those for awhile.
Belly Button in or out? In, although it is getting flatter and flatter.
What I miss: Bending over. Seeing my feet. Sleeping for consecutive hours. Cold beer on a hot day. Laying on my stomach.
What I am looking forward to: My next Dr's appointment...June 18th. Two weeks from tomorrow.
Weekly Wisdom: Ignore the majority of baby/childcare/naming/etc advice that you receive. Everyone is different and every baby has different needs. Good parenting is reflective upon those needs, not the advice of 20 different family members/friends.
Milestones: Feeling and seeing him roll around under my ribs. 1). Definitely looks like something from Alien and 2). More painful than cute.

1 comment:

Amber said...

awwww.......and you're sooo lucky no stretch marks?? I hope I get that lucky!! :) Can't wait to see a new bump pic!!