Wednesday, August 26, 2009

39 Week Dr's Appointment - GOOD NEWS!

How far along? 39 weeks!
Total weight gain: 40 whopping pounds.
Maternity clothes? Nothing else.
Sleep: My sleep is coming much easier now. It's just having to get up 10+ times to go to the bathroom throughout the night, and trying to roll my big pregnant belly out of the bed just once is painful enough.
Best moment this week: My wonderful friend Steph bought Baby Mason a wonderful Pack N Play that was well needed, and very much appreciated!
Movement: He hasn't stopped. I had a cup of coffee this morning, and he has been rolling around like crazy.
Gender: Little Handsome.
Labor Signs: Contractions here and there. Around 10-15 minutes apart. Nothing that will lead up to anything.
Belly Button in or out? Halfway flat, halfway out.
What I miss: Patience.
What I am looking forward to: Having this child. My next doctor's appointment.
Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy being pregnant. It goes by way too fast. Blog the experience to look back on when your little one isn't so little anymore.
Milestones: Making progress! Made it to 39 weeks!

Okay, so now for my anticipated doctor's update. Blood pressure is back to normal! Yahooo! Also, Mason's heartbeat was good and strong, and she seems to think he'll be somewhere in between 8.5-9.5 pounds. I still have yet to dilate at all, but I am 50% effaced.
*For those of you who may not know what effacement is, it means that the cervix must thin out as well as dilate in order for you to begin the birthing process. So mine is halfway to where it needs to be, which is a good sign of progress!
She could definitely feel his head this time, so that's good that he is head down and engaged.
Here's the kicker. If I don't have Mason naturally by my next doctor's appointment, we will be scheduling an induction date. Being induced is not something that most people prefer to do. But my doctor knows what is best, and I know that I will probably not make any real progress (as far as dilation goes) on my own. So, we can expect to have Mason sometime between September 3rd to September 7th (Labor Day. Hmmm.)
Of course I will blog between now and my next appointment, but by next Wednesday, Mason's birthday will be set!

No comments: