Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Doctor's Appointment

I just got in from my doctor's appointment, and no real news to report. Still no progress, and she actually couldn't feel the babies head. Does that mean he flipped? Not necessarily. But, it does mean that he might not be in the "right position" just yet, so if he is still not head down next week, then we get to have another ultrasound.
Mason's heartbeat was good, and my blood pressure was BAD. I've never had high blood pressure before, and she said it was common for it to go up slightly in the last few weeks of pregnancy. Since there was no signs of protein in my urine, I am not pre-eclamptic. However, if I don't watch my blood pressure, it could be that I do become pre-eclamptic. So, she wants me to be a "couch potato". This isn't really true bedrest, but she does want me to be off my feet as much as possible, and to avoid any strenuous activities period. So no more housecleaning, or nursery decorating, or anything like that.
Wonderful.
So that pretty much sums up my appointment. I'm so ready for Mason to get here, my doctor's appointments are more annoying than exciting. I feel like this last home stretch has lasted more than the entire length of my pregnancy. Yeah, not possible, but every day goes by slower and slower than the day before. Ugh. I think he's going to be a due date baby or even possibly afterwards. We shall see! My next appointment is a week from today. Maybe by then things will have changed.

No comments: