Thursday, April 9, 2009

19 Weeks!



Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

I am 19 weeks today! Only one week away from being at my halfway point! Woohooo! That is definitely exciting.
I have noticed a BIG difference in my belly this week. I keep thinking "Well, if I'm already this big, how big am I GOING to get?" Pretty scary. Ha!
Mr. H's birthday is tomorrow. He'll be the big 24! Getting old! We are going to have a "Rock Star" party at my mom's house this weekend for his celebration. We're supposed to dress as our favorite rock stars, but since none of mine are female, and really have anything that makes them stand out (for example, Kiss), we have picked some early 90s R&B stars:) I'll definitely post the pictures. It's going to be fun.
We're trying to get the boys to dress up too. They hate dressing up. Since they both have all of the redneck attire, we told them to dress up as country singers. Hey, it's better than no costume at all. Maybe we can talk them into it.
I started receiving my unemployment today. So that is definitely going to help us out a lot. The biggest problem for me, and most everyone knows this, is that its going to be 100% harder to find someone to hire a pregnant lady who is halfway through and wants to take 2 months off for maternity leave. At least not for what I was getting paid for at my previous job. It will be a struggle, but we will make it work.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!
-Mrs. H & Baby H

No comments: