Tuesday, April 21, 2009

When it Rains...It Pours


So life hasn't been exactly routine ever since I lost my job. And I really hate that phrase. "Lost my job". I didn't lose it. I knew where it was. I was laid off. My employers decided that I was no longer needed for the business. Boo. It sucks. That's life, move on.
But it seems that when you are unemployed, the bills steadily increase in amount and in number. And not only that, but things that you don't necessarily want to pay for and are completely out of your hands also creep up on your door.
For example, let's just list a few things that have happened recently, that on a suck scale, I'd have to rate it an S-10. Suckass to the max.
1). Our washing machine is broken. Luckily, my mother doesn't mind me coming over once or twice a week to get the stink out of our clothes.
2). Mr. H's truck, that he pays roughly $450 on a month, needed a new battery and a new motor. Battery - check, motor - maybe when we finish up paying for little man's college.
3). My battery in my vehicle was dead. (Thanks to my loving husband, it is now replaced. $200 later for two dead batteries. Crikey).
4). And last but not least, although vacation will be an enjoyment, it will be a big strain on our pockets.
Love it, love it, love it. The joys of being unemployed, broke, married, and expecting. All a day in the life of moi.
But as they say, "There is a light at the end of the tunnel." or "This too shall pass".
So here's to hoping that tunnel is short and well lit, and there is a big ass light ready to blind our asses in the end.

No comments: