Friday, April 24, 2009

21 Weeks and The Weekend


Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

So I am 21 weeks! Over halfway there now! What an exciting and anxiety-ridden ride. Only 19 weeks to go! Of course, that's depending on when little man actually wants to make his debut.
The weekend is here and I am so glad that it is. The weather is wonderful, and I plan on laying out today and working on some sort of base tan before we go to the beach. Only two more weeks!
I'm hoping to have my baby shower sometime in June, so we've been chatting about plans for it. I think I just want to have it as soon as possible so I can see what remaining items we'll need to purchase. I never realized how many things babies require. I'm ready to get some nursery progress going again. I am hoping to get some things together for a yard sale and make some extra cash to put towards the little guys things. We still need a changing table, dresser, night stand, and the glider/ottoman. In all, I know we have plenty of time to get those things, but I am just ready for the room to be done and ready for the little guy to use.
Everyone have a good weekend! Enjoy this weather, since we never know from one day to the next how it's going to be here.

No comments: