Thursday, April 16, 2009

Half Baked


Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

And for the guys, according to the "Guys Chart for Baby Growth", our little man is the size of one "nice sized boob".
So I have reached my halfway mark! I am so thrilled! I am super excited about my 20 week appointment next week, which will go over all of his measurements, possible change of due date, and looking at all of his internal organs to check him out. How exciting! Any ultrasound is exciting, but I am really looking forward to this one especially. As many of you know, I was diagnosed with placenta previa when I was 12 weeks, and I haven't had an ultrasound since to see if it has corrected itself. Almost 90% of cases correct themselves well before the due date, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will hopefully see some progress in the right direction!

Other than that, in some exciting news, Mr H and I are going to Babies R Us this afternoon to register! Hopefully I won't go overboard and tag everything in the entire store!

No comments: